Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Feature ~ A Year Of Slow Cooking!




I have a confession to make....I am in *LOVE* with my crock pot! It has to be my very favorite kitchen gadget, and my most used one as well. Don't get me wrong, I love my juicer and my bread machine but they don't get near as much love and use as my crock pot does!  Nothing like putting in a raw hunk of meat in the morning and coming home in the afternoon to a cooked to perfection super tender hunk of meat :)

So this Fridays feature is dedicated to my beloved crock pot, I don't use you as much as Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking does, but I love you and the time you save me none the less!

Stephanie used her crock pot every day for an ENTIRE year in 2008...yes, you read that right, EVERY day for a year! That's what I call persistence, my New Years resolutions are usually broken by the end of January :)

She kept a blog of all the meals she made during her year of slow cooking, she gives the recipe, shows a picture of all the ingredients used, and gives a verdict of how her family liked the meal.
She has even written a book, Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, and has appeared on T.V.


I have used this blog many times to find great new crock pot meal ideas, most of which my family LOVED! If you are ever in need of new recipes for your crock, this is definitely the place to get them. I don't own her book but I'm sure its just as awesome as the blog, I just like being able to get all the info I need online and not having another cookbook cluttering my kitchen space, that is prime real estate I cant afford to give up.

Visit A Year of Slow Cooking and get started experimenting with new exciting recipes for your family today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails